Core Compentencies & Technical Skills
- Able to synthesize complex ideas, processes, and instructions into clear, concise and readable reports, briefing notes, and/or user instructions.
- Approachable, open, and a natural collaborator; a dedicated team player who works well with others and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- An acute attention-to-detail combined with strong analytical thinking produce a high-degree of accuracy and quality results.
- An eager trend-hunter who is an early adopter to innovative technologies and constantly monitors technology blogs, news, and websites to detect emerging technologies.
- Strong work ethic and pride in a job well done.
- Keen organizational skills; able to organize and prioritize tasks quickly.
- Advanced computer technology know-how (general troubleshooting, hardware/software deployment, graphic editing, sound editing, video editing, web streaming, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite)
- Experienced with several cloud-based software options including Google Documents, Basecamp, Asana, Wrike, Target Process and ProofHQ. Able to transition and learn new software quickly.
Digital Content Specialist
University of Manitoba, Faculty of Arts, Nov 2022 – current
- Opportunity to continue to support the Next Generation Web Experience (NGWE) project and website migration with the Faculty of Arts, responsible for producing and editing digital content for the faculty.
- Worked with Arts departments and the Faculty of Graduate Studies to facilitate content reviews, gather feedback and migrate content to Drupal.
- Developed draft content, and reviewed websites and digital assets for accessibility and brand alignment.
Digital Project Coordinator
University of Manitoba, Marketing Communications, May 2019 – Nov 2022
- Digital Transformation – The Next Generation Web Experience (NGWE) project was a once in a lifetime opportunity to make a lasting positive impact as the project teams are tasked with developing a new website and digital experience for students, faculty and staff. Transitioning from an older Content Management System (CMS) to Drupal, as well as kickstarting the first UM Intranet.
- Manitoba Project Management Institute (PMI) Project of the Year 2020 Runner-up
- Project Management – Responsible for the planning, execution and management of the Initial Site Builds within the Next Generation Website Experience project, which launched in April 2019. Following the initial site deployment I led 5-10 content migration projects at a time, helping support the development of project management toolkit(s) and workflows.
- Stakeholder Engagement – A key to the success of the digital transformation is engaging with the vast and varied amount of stakeholders on the campus, building lasting relationships throughout the university. Jeremy led consultations, presentations and was the key communicator for the projects he led.
- Onboarding Support – I enjoyed helping new team members get up to speed with new systems and processes and ended up onboarding more than 8 full-time team members.
- Training Coordination & CMS User Management – Once the new Content Management System was launched the project team was responsible for Training and User Management. The coordination, communication, documentation and support for these activities was my primary responsibility as I helped train and provide access to over 500 new users to over 50+ different Drupal deployments.
University of Manitoba, Marketing Communications, Feb 2019 – May 2019
I was sought out for an initial 6-month contract to provide project management support and leadership for the Next Generation Web Experience (NGWE) project.
- Digital Transformation – The Next Generation Web Experience (NGWE) project is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make a lasting positive impact as the project teams are tasked with developing a new website and digital experience for students, faculty and staff.
- Project Management – I managed several active projects at once, focusing on digital content management, revision and migration to a new environment while also working diligently with several key stakeholders and project teams. This included all facets of project management, including communications, scope, budget, documentation and scheduling.
- Project Management Toolkit Development – Developed a completely-new project management toolkit for the NGWE project, which included creating brand new templates, processes and other project deliverables. As with any new processes or tools, I also assisted in educational support and change management sessions to ensure that staff felt supported and knowledgeable with any changes in their day to day work.
University of Manitoba, May 2018 – Nov 2018
I had the opportunity to contribute to the production team in a temporary role within the Marketing Communications Office (MCO) at the University of Manitoba. My responsibilities included:
- Project Management / Project Support – Managing and supporting projects ranging from web site development, magazine/publications, email campaigns, print/signage and public-facing communications. These projects were usually executed over a period of 1 week to 4 months, depending on the project scope. Managing these projects including resource management, contractor management, scope management, stakeholder management, status reporting, internal and client briefings, team leadership and proactive troubleshooting.
- Change Management & Meeting Facilitation – Led change management sessions gathering information and briefing team members around campus for an upcoming large web initiative with responsibilities including meeting/session documentation, meeting facilitation and team building.
Direct Focus Marketing Communications, Jun 2016 – Dec 2017
Following his promotion to Project Manager, my responsibilities included:
- Project Management – Primarily digital projects, working with small to medium-sized teams to complete short-term projects (3 to 12 months). Examples include Website Rebranding, Online Marketing Tools, or internal improvement projects.
- Supported the development of new Software Development Life Cycle and Project Management processes to enrich the quality and innovative value of our projects and products.
- Successfully led and managed several projects for large Canadian businesses, including website development, application development, and customized digital solutions and marketing tools.
- Completed a successful transition to a modern ERP system to increase capabilities of our Accounting and Account Services departments.
- Business Process Mapping – Mapping out current processes and systems working with clients internal teams to help develop improvements and help our clients work more efficiently.
Direct Focus Marketing Communications, Jun 2015 – Jun 2016
Initially hired as a Project Coordinator in June 2015, I joined the recently created Project Management Office within the Information Technology & Digital Solutions department. My responsibilities included:
- Project Management – Managing primarily digital projects ranging from web site development, email campaigns, or app development. These projects typically had a budget between $50,000 to $250,000, and were usually executed over a period of 5 to 10 months, depending on project scope. Managing these projects included resource management, scope management, status reporting, internal and client briefings, team leadership and proactive troubleshooting.
- Process Improvement – I took a leadership role within process improvement projects, both for clients and for internal process improvements. This includes the interviewing of staff, evaluation and documentation of current state processes, as well as the development and presentation of recommended improvements for the future state process.
Operations Specialist & Project Coordinator
Imperial Cabinet, Jul 2014 – Apr 2015
St.Amant, Jul 2014 – Apr 2015
Associate Project Manager
MTS Allstream, Apr 2012 – Mar 2013
Technical Support Representative
Shaw Communications, Oct 2007 – Jan 2008
Technical Support Representative
Convergys Inc, Jul 2004 – Apr 2007
University of Winnipeg – 2013 to 2014
Master’s Certificate in Project Management
Key Knowledge Proficiencies:
- Project Planning & Control, Personal and Team Communications in a Project Environment, Effective Project Cost Management, Assessing and Managing Risk, Project Quality Management, and Project Simulation Studies.
University of Winnipeg – 2011 to 2012
Project Management Diploma
Key Knowledge Proficiencies:
- Project Management, Quality Management, Procurement and Contract Law, Mastering Project Reports and Communication, and Effective Written Communication
University of Manitoba – 2002 – 2006
Bachelor of Arts, (incomplete)
- Major: International Conflict Resolution (Political Science)
- Minors in Canadian Studies & Canadian History